HOLYLGM

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HOUSE FOR SALE- 192 MIDWAY ROAD WHITE SULFER SPRINGS, NY

I've been trying for some time to figure out just how to contexualize my latest carpentry/real estate project WSSP, as something more than just a money maker. Today I figured it out and this is no small part due to my early tuteledge as an artist by SF artists Howard Fried and David Ireland. Howard was my teacher at SFAI and David was my advisor out in the community. These two men with very different approaches to the art making process, led me into the land of mature artistic work. Pieces like Fried's Red Sea and All My Dirty Blue Cothes, as well as Ireland's 500 Capp St. and 65 Capp St. informed my early Missionary work, and later churches and houses. But as much as I was bewildered and impressed by Howard, it was David who would influence me throughout my career....and continues to do so.
Like I said, I've been kicking the slats of my cage trying to squeeze WSSP into the art box. It was way too much work (and fun) just to be a house flip. Then I had it. This house is for sale starting NOW! At this point I have a new 200 amp electic service, a structurally sound shell, new laid field stone foundation, old exposed clapboard, and excavated site with a spring well and soon to be engineered septic system- a beautiful blank slate, ready for updated plumbing, heating and electrical systems. The price is $100,000- today. Plus I'll hire on to do whatever you want.
Now as i continue to put my own money into WSSP it will obviously increase in price. I will continue to work throughout the winter, restoring the farmhouse, updating the systems, making them efficient and how I would want them. The 1/2 acre lot is strategically located and you cannot see another house from the property. The recently resurfaced road is quiet and there is a year round brook just across the road . If I didn't already love the spot I live, I would move there in a heartbeat.
So how is this art? Need I remind you I bought a cow, adopted a boy, started a rock band and church, got my hunting guide's license, smuggled bull sperm into Cuba, had a whorehouse and tattooed 12 people...? It will reveal itself. Have no doubt. DI always said go with your talents. For years I denied my carpentry ability had any artistic value. Work was work and art was art. I'm still trying to resolve the two. WSSP is one step closer. Thanks DI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home