HOLYLGM

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

READING, WRITING AND BALLISTICS

After the bloodbath at Va. Tech. I've been thinking seriously of how to address the apparition of a gunman methodically bearing down on unarmed innocents, unloading, reloading and unloading again. How can we protect our students and faculty against this? I'm sorry to say that the only efficient way to protect against an individual with a firearm is to counter in kind. Someone in class should be packing. I feel Academia has to come to grips with its inherant anti-gun liberalism and arm a qualified group of students in a program not unlike the NTSB's Sky Marshall program. These strapped students, with concealed weapons permits, would get generous scholarship programs just like athletes. Returning Iraq vets or any paroled prison program grad student would be perfect for Class Marshall duty. That is until one of them flips and takes out Ethics class. I'm still working out the bugs in my program.
I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. In the meantime I recomend that if you have a gun, carry it at all times until we get this sorted out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home