HOLYLGM

Thursday, March 08, 2007

THE DICK DIALOGUES

Just got home from the eye doc. My glaucoma is much worse. More nerve damage in the right eye. This has put me into a funk, so instead driving the hour to work I've decided to stay home, write a little blog, chop a little wood, and up my eye medication. In the words of Towelie- "Wanna get high?"
Junie Bogart called me last night to let me know that his old man Vic Vogelin is making the CBS evening news tonight, with the story of the letters he found in a burned out fox hole on Iwo Jima, and his attempt to return them to the dead soldier's relatives in Japan. Junie's father Vic is one of my old man Dick's best friends. My grandfather Wray basically raised Vic after his own father dropped the ball. Since i was a tiny sprout I've watched Vic and Dick square off in a kind of human version of "dominant buck". Vic's is squat and powerful, and even at 80 is in pretty good health. Dick, on the other hand is tall, and physically falling apart. Dick is stoic. Vic tells you about every ache, pain and hemorroid he's had since the 70's. They are the perfect odd couple pair.
My old man just got out of the hospital (again) for an operation on his back. They found a golf ball sized cyst on his spine. The operation was a success, but now that the cyst has been removed his shoulder hurts again. It's been one thing after another for him. Ever since my mom whipped cancer, the old man has been crumbling. Because of his stoicism it's hard to tell just how ill he is. For this info I rely I my sister Mrs. Budinski, (who as of late has had her own health issues). She had a turd the size of an oak log lodged up there and it took some very powerful drugs and an overnight on the floor of the ER to send it down river. I don't think she'll mind me telling you that. She says the old man is very grumpy, but feeling better.
Well, I guess that's about it for my family medical problems for today. Be sure to watch Vic on the evening news tonight. I hope he wears his signature fleece vest and doesn't talk about any of his hemorriods. I have to go take my eye medicine. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering my vagina is doing fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home